What are the advantages of dental implants?
At Keith Bracy, DDS, we aim to be the premier provider for dental implants in NYC. I’m sure you have heard a lot about dental implants, but might be wondering if they are the right choice for you. Let’s explore the topic of dental implants in out West Village dental office!
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Compared to a removable denture or partial, a dental implant is fixed, just like your own tooth! No more worries about embarrassing moments, if your denture will fall out or not.
- Compared to a fixed dental bridge, it does not involve the preparation of adjacent teeth. A fixed dental bridge rests on at least two teeth that the dentist must prepare or shape with a dental drill. It is always better to keep your teeth natural and not crown them with a bridge if it is not necessary.
- They offer long-lasting, replacement of teeth. A successful and healthy dental implant can last decades.
- Dental implants preserve bone structure. You might not be thinking about your jaw bone so much after you lost a tooth. However, if left alone, in many cases the bone where your tooth was will gradually resorb away. Placing a dental implant helps to preserve the bone.
- Dental implants help prevent shifting of teeth. If you lose one or more teeth, the adjacent and opposing teeth can shift into the open space. Eventually, this can compromise the adjacent and opposing teeth and even hinder eating and chewing ability.
- The most obvious advantages are to restore your ability to chew properly and improve your dental cosmetics by replacing missing teeth.
Where can I find a dental implant dentist in NYC? Contact Keith Bracy, DDS at his modern and caring dental office. At your first appointment with Dr. Bracy, we will perform a dental exam and talk about your options to replace your missing teeth. You’ll find out if you are a candidate for a dental implant. If so, we can review the timeline for treatment with dental implants and get your treatment started right away.